March Madness this year...

With Summer comes insects,moths and toads and the sounds and the smells that usually accompany the creepy crawly kingdom...
With all of this come Maya's nightly foray into the wild and wondrous nightlife outside the 2124 Folsom lane apartment...
Every summer her feline instincts are reawakened...
She crouches in concentration her paws in a line, her back forming a perfect curve of a shadow on the wall, her tail flicking this way and that...
And suddenly a paw darts out and pins a struggling moth to the ground, shes perfected that part of the hunt,
But the cat o'mine is definitely not a multi tasker, when faced with two insects she gets quite flustered,
She jumps and pounces and hops and sprints but still misses out on both the pair of wings..
But never disappointed, she darts off in the other direction, the farthest the leash will extend, trying to catch the dancing shadows.

For the last three years the month of March has been synonymous with change in my life...
The March of 2010 was my first job with a move to Athens Georgia,
The March of 2011 saw my move back to North Carolina with a cat in tow...
And this March I find myself finally finding that "someone" along with the job of my dreams..
I also realize that I am essentially still alone and the first person with whom I'm on this will always be me myself and I...

Changes bring both gains and losses along...
With some gains you lose something and with some losses you gain something
I've lost the stability, security and the monotony of a full time job, while I've gained adventure, novel experiences and great friends these past three years...
Friends who have flown down to another state to drive a Uhaul full of second hand furniture,
Friends who have shared the tiny joys and small tragedies of everyday life,
Friends who have helped me land a interview and who were truly happy when I did get the job...
Who have celebrated in earnest my small and big victories and held my hand through real and imagined defeats that life deals you...
I might have lost the sanctuary of family when I moved to the states but I've certainly been lucky in making awesome friends who have enriched my life in innumerable ways.

An egret takes off from the edge of the lake, the duck leaves a widening V of ripples in the water behind it as its wades deeper & deeper into the lake,
The waxy white flowers are lighted from beneath by the rays of the setting sun, as I look up from the swing that creaks ever so gently with every rise and fall...
The sun rays paint different tinges of orange and red on the lilac-blue sky during the walk around the lake...
And as the sun sets there is this sense of melancholy that another day, another beautiful sunset is gone and I am still alone, waiting...



Comments

Popular Posts