What do I really miss of the Chennai Summer...

Do I really miss the scorching heat that chaffed the soles of my feet running on the concrete tharai?
Or do I miss the infallible sea-breeze that bring a welcome relief during the hot and lazy afternoons?

Do I miss all those fruits that it brings along with it, the dark green manga that turns into the golden mango, the luscious watermelon or the nutritious nongu (palm fruit)?
Or do I miss those hot, sticky summer nights without power, where the kids ran frenzied on the mottai madi?

Do I miss the zillion mosquitoes and insects that descend on you every evening once it gets marginally cooler?
Or do I miss that absolute sense of relief and peace which comes with summer, that its OK to take it easy and chill a bit, cos you have the perfect excuse, after all it is the...
"Chennai Summer"!

Comments

Popular Posts