If I could walk in a field of wild flowers

If I could walk in a field of wild flowers,
with the sweet smelling grass whose dew laden blades brush against my feet,
with the sun's warmth on my shoulders as I glance up at him with a smile of thanks,
as the light breeze nudges the ends of my coat open,
and those little yellow, white and red upturned faces that land a kiss from a solitary bee,
that compel me on to walk a little further, just beyond this hill, just around that turn to...
Another perfect field of welcoming flowers
Then whenever I'm feeling low I will know that I will find the courage within to move on
to another day and another year with the hope that I will come across
another field of flowers yet again...

(poem is in free verse)
Dedicated to Gurleen for all the love and times shared

Comments

Popular Posts