The Tunnel

He: I've been waiting for thirty minutes now...
She: I'm sorry but what can I do? Amma was very suspicious today,it felt like she knew exactly where I was going..I could not even look her in the eye. Anyways its one of the few times that you are here before me, so its ok
He: Yennavo! So where do you want to go?
She: What are you trying to hide behind you by the way?
He: Its what you asked for
She: What???!! Are you crazy! I was just joking, rising to your dare...what the hell!
He: Relax...relax its not such a big deal. Guys do it all the time...bringing it in a coke bottle to college...
She: How do you expect me to go back home and face my mom after this?
He: God you should look at your face, you make it seem like I'm asking you to commit some crime. Cha such a waste! I wasted 30 bugs on this...
She: How could you think that we could drink at 11 in the morning. Are you crazy I have to go back home in a couple hours and Amma wants to go visit some people after that also...
He: Seri po..I'll just dump all of it. Man I went through all this trouble, semma wasteu
She: Wait!....... I can taste it if you want. But not here!
He: Ok wait, I'll go get the tickets then....

On the train...

She: Is'nt this close to your area? Why are we even going there of all the places?
He: No there is this place, which is empty most of the time. We could sit there.
She: Are you sure?
He: Relax its not a big deal...

Walking towards the tunnel..

She: Are you sure this place is safe? Its so dark and dirty...
He: Aiyoo amma I come here every time I have to switch trains, its totally fine, come
She: Well at least the steps seem clean. Lets just sit here.
He: Ok here goes (shakes the bottle)
She: Yoav! you are going to fizz it all....
He: Relax di...(glurp)...Aaaahhhh...
She: Looks like you will finish it all...Let me at least try
He: here
She: Hmm..it smells only slightly different to coke...What is it?
He: One quarter rum
She:(Glurp) Yuaawk! Its horrible!
He: Hehehehe! Nobody drinks it for the taste di...its for the after effect..
She: Well the only effect I feel now is my stomach burning..
He: Illaena vidu let me finish it...(tries to grab the bottle)
She: No no wait, I'll taste some more..
He: Amma thaayae dont be sipping so much now, I'm beginning to worry
She: Hehehehe..you thought I won't even try it right? here see (glurp)
He: Hey hey hey...enough..podhum..inga thaa adhae (glurp)
She: What is the big deal anyways about this? I don't feel a thing...All you guys chumma put scene about the whole "tripping" thing and all that
He: Oho apadiyaa? Why don't you try getting up now?
She: (getting up) Woah!!! Man I feel dizzy
He: Oui just sit down now and try to relax...
She: Man I'm starting to feel a little queasy now..
He: Hahahaha! You are already gone..all this after just a couple of gulps of 1 liter coca-cola mixed with one quarter!! Too much!
She: You know I think I need to walk now, I feel funny if I sit down...
He: Hey loosu, sit down..illaena wait hold my hand and walk down these stairs..walking will get it out of your system..
She: Hmm...
He: Oui hold on, hold on...just follow me..
She: Hmm...why we going down into the tunnel??
He: Lets walk through this and come out the other way.
She: Man I really cant see very well, its very dark da...go slowly..
He: Intha side vaadi..slowly..here...
She: Hmm....why you stopped now?
He: (turns a corner and pulls her into his arms)
She: Dev!...someone might come!
He: Shhhh...no one ever comes here.....

A couple of minutes later

She: Someone is coming...
He: Seekram va, dont look back....
She: I still cant walk too fast, wait....

Thirty some years later

He: Amma! what is this nonsense, what are we doing in this tunnel that looks like its going to crumble any moment?
She: Illaeda I just want to look at something...
He: This is sheer madness! We come to this city after so many years and the first thing you want to do is to come and see this tunnel that might fall on our heads this very second ! Even a whole day in athai's house with athimbaer's incessant polambal seems like a better option now...
She: Its not so bad da...we'll just walk to the other side through the tracks and I just want to walk through that portion..
He: What! Through that! You must be mad!
She: Monagaamae vaa da! Who is nearing sixty, you or me?
He: Amaam unnai kuttindu vandhdhukku yennaku ithuvum vaennum innavum vaennum!!
( hears muffled scratching from the tunnel)..Aiyoo looks like we are going to be meeting some friendly rats and what not very soon!!
She: Its right around that corner da...Ingaethaan ninaikaraen we turned the corner...Aaahh....right at the end of this passage now...
He: Amma!! This is getting worse by the minute...god knows what kind of things live here..I dont want to be carrying back any infection with me...AAAAAAchooooo!!! AAAAAAAchooo...
She: (suddenly stops at one corner and peers intently at a column) ...Ingaithaan...Ingaithaan(softly)
He: AAaaaachooo....thats it..my allergies are starting to act up! We are leaving, RIGHT NOW!
She: (with tears streaming down her eyes) one more minute da...
He: (notices the tears) Yeamma azharaiyaa yenna??? What is this?? What happened??
She: Onnum Illaeda...onuum illae ...lets go now...
He: (walking back holding her hand) What is this? You drag me into this god forsaken stinkhole....Aaaaaachooo....I indulged you by coming along and you will not even give me an explanation for those tears??
She: Hmmm...Lets just say that the sentimental fool that I am was trying to recreate a moment from the past....I was thinking since the person who made the moment is not there anymore let me at least see if the place helps to bring back some of the magic....(sniff)
He: Wow you really got my interest piqued now! Yaaru ma athu Appava??
She: Hahahaha! Seriyana vambu da nee..vaa solaraen....

Comments

Popular Posts